Last revised: 11/14/06 07:56 PM
link to: 3D CAD Art Pictures
These specifications were developed using movie datum and comparing them to real world design criteria and space shuttle design and capabilities. (and lots of educated guesses)
Ark - Second Stage - Ship
|Transport Passengers & Supplies||1|
|Overall Length||400 ft||1|
|Wingspan||231 ft||3, 4|
|Body Diameter||52 ft||3, 4|
|Touchdown Speed||250 mi/hr||6|
|Weight-Max at Touch Down||500,000 lb||5|
|Weight-Fueled & Loaded||10,000,000 lb||5|
|Engine - Wings||6||2|
|Maneuvering Pod - Top||2||5, 8|
|Maneuvering Pod - Port||3||5, 8|
|Maneuvering Pod - Starboard||3||5, 8|
|Wing Chamber||0.05||6, 7|
|Wing Angle of Attack - Takeoff||3 degree||6, 7|
|Landing||1 degree||6, 7|
Ark - First Stage - Sled
|Assist Ark to > Min Airspeed||1, 2|
|Engine - Booster||6||2|
|Carriage Launch Ramp Rollers||232||9|
1) As stated in movie.
2) As pictured in movie.
3) Calculated-estimated from data stated in movie.
4) Calculated-estimated from pictures in movie.
5) Estimated based on comparisons to space shuttle.
6) Calculated from flight requirements.
7) Used FoilSim Basic Aerodynamics Software to estimate wing design chamber & thickness based on wing area, takeoff & landing weights, and airspeed.
8) Needed some use for the pods. Store space maneuvering fuel and thrusters for pitch, yaw and roll.
9) Based on how many I could fit in drawing.